Join the team behind EducationPlannerBC, BC’s centralized education planning and application website, an integrated online tool that consolidates existing government-supported advisory resources, a searchable program database, institution and community information, and application services with the goal of making it easier for students to make informed decisions while they plan, search, and apply for post-secondary education in B.C. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain active until filled.
EducationPlannerBC is currently hiring for the following position:
Test Automation Developer
EducationPlannerBC (EPBC) is the common post-secondary application service for British Columbia. EPBC is a resource that enables post-secondary students to plan, search, and apply to programs available at public BC post-secondary institutions. In addition, EducationPlannerBC oversees a transcript exchange hub for applicant data. This position is in Victoria, BC, and is a 1-year term position with the potential to turn into a full-time position.
Reporting to the Manager, Systems Development, the test automation developer will work with the development team and product owners to understand functionality, allow them to plan and write automated tests, and improve the overall quality of the software we produce.
Ultimately, we are looking for a developer who likes to break things and stress the limits of software, the kind of person that thrives in a changing and challenging environment; a dependable, team-oriented person with a track record of strong results; someone who steps up to do whatever is needed without waiting to be asked.
Duties and Responsibilities
The EPBC Test Automation Developer:
- Provides leadership in the planning, analysis, design, and implementation of an automated testing platform, with a focus on continual integration
- Designs and develops test automation scripts
- Actively participates in the analysis of business needs and requirements necessary to build automated tests
- Continually reviews the automated testing landscape for new platforms, automation frameworks, and approaches to help improve the overall quality of the software
- Undertakes other tasks as required, such as:
- Keeps automated platform current
- Updates JIRA with respect to automated testing tasks
- Partakes in agile sprint planning and scrums
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum qualifications and skills for this position:
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline, or acceptable combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, TestComplete, Katalon
- Demonstrated experience in Single Page Applications (SPA), jQuery, etc.
- Skilled in the use of communications software/systems
- Excellent written communication and problem-solving skills
- Highly oriented to customer service and results
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of co-workers and clients
- Self development skills to keep up to date with fast changing trends
- Experience working within a post-secondary or government environment. Candidates with relevant experience outside of these environments may be considered.