What is a PEN? Where do I find mine?

A Personal Education Number (PEN) is assigned to individuals who attend high school in British Columbia, Canada. NOTE: a PEN is not required to complete your EPBC application. This field is optional.
If you attended an elementary, middle or high school in British Columbia since 1993, or if you wrote a BC provincial exam since 1986, you can find out your Personal Education Number (PEN) from: 
•  Your current, most recent or graduating school
•  The school where you wrote your most recent provincial exam
•  Your official BC Ministry of Education transcript
If you attended a public post-secondary institution in BC since 1998, you may have a PEN. Contact the institution you attended to determine if they have your PEN in their records.