With the rapidly changing environment regarding COVID-19, EducationPlannerBC is committed to providing students, parents and educators with information from post-secondary institutions as quickly as possible. Our Helpdesk will remain available to answer any questions or concerns regarding applications.

Please find links to post-secondary institution websites regarding their response on COVID-19 in our FAQs.

Please find the Ministry of Education regular updates regarding COVID-19 here: Safe & Healthy Schools.

Feedback Close the survey

International Students

During your study:

If you are a current international student looking to work in Canada, you may require a permit to work:

  • on-campus;
  • off-campus part-time;
  • during a co-op or internship placement;
  • as research assistant;
  • in some volunteer positions; or
  • as a post-graduate student.

After your program completion:

Students can apply to get a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) which gives you permission to remain in Canada as a worker and work full-time for up to three years after graduating from a Canadian post-secondary institution. 

The criteria may vary depending on your status and your employment plans. Each post-secondary institution has an International Student Office with advisors to help you. Confirm your plans with them before you begin any form of paid or volunteer work.

Check with your International Student Office to discuss your employment options.