1) Program Admission Requirements
UVic offers the final continuous terms of third and fourth year of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program on-campus for students continuing from college partner sites Aurora College, Camosun College, College of the Rockies and Selkirk College.
1. Study at Camosun College / UVic Nursing Partnership Program
- students admitted into the BSN program at Camosun College will spend 2.5 years at Camosun College (which includes 5 acaademic semesters and 2 practicum terms), and then move to UVic for completing the final 1.5 years of the BSN program (which includes 2 semesters and consolidated practice experiences)
2. Study at the college / university transfer program
- Students who start the nursing program at Aurora College, Selkirk College or College of the Rockies are accepted to become UVic students and take the final continuous terms of third and fourth year UVic courses at their respective college campuses.
Non-Academic (for students continuing to UVic)
- submit a School of Nursing application form
- submit a new original copy of municipal / RCMP criminal record check
- Photocopy of your current basic life support certificate (level C or higher)
- provide evidence of a personal respirator quantitative fit-test before attending any practice placement
1. High school graduates should visit the respective college websites to learn more about year-one admission requirements and how to apply.
2. It's recommended that you provide evidence of complete current immunizations on admission to the program. You must also keep your immunizations updated and provide documentation to practice agencies when required.
3. The School of Nursing does not accept applications from students attending post-secondary institutions outside the College-University Transfer.
4. For more program details visit the School of Nursing's website.
2) Institution Admission Requirements
Applicants also have to satisfy UVic's institution admission requirements as listed below.
English Language Requirements
One of the following (minimum scores):
- Four years of full-time academic studies or completion of a degree program at a recognized institution in which the primary language of instruction is English (click here for a list of countries)
- 86% the BC Provincial English 12 Examination within the last three years prior to admission
- 86% on Grade 12 English or its equivalent in Canada within the last three years prior to admission
- A score of 4 on the Advanced Placement Exam in English Language and Composition
- A score of 4 on IB Higher Level English
- 1.5 units of transferable university-level English courses
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment) = score of 70 overall, with no section less than 60
- IELTS = score of 6.5 overall, with no component less than 6.0
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) = Level 6
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) = score of 90
- TOEFL iBT = score of 90 with no section less than 20
- TOEFL paper-based = 575
- completion of UVic's University Admission Preparation (UAP) program, with a score of 80% or higher
- completion of UVic;s University Admission Preparation: Advanced English and Canadian Studies program, with at least 80% in English and at least 60% in Canadian Studies
- completion of UVic's University Pathways Program for International Students (a specialized first-year university program that combines academic Enlish and UVic credit courses)
Verify with the institution directly
General Admission Requirements (All Students)
For students directly entering an undergraduate program after high school, admission is based on four academic courses.
English Language Requirement - You must have proficiency in English at a level suitable for your desired program.
BC Secondary School (or equivalent)
BC Transfer Student
Information on admission requirements for BC post-secondary transfer students can be found here.
Out-of-Province Transfer Student
Information on admission requirements for transfer students can be found on this page by selecting 'transferring from another college or university' and select the type of institution you are transferring from.
Mature Student admission at UVic is categorized as Special Access Category
The number of applicants admitted under this category is limited by the availability of University resources. Admission under the Special Category is not automatic. An applicant for admission under the Special Category must meet the following criteria:
- be at least 23 years of age by the begining of the session applied for; and
- the applicant's academic achievements have been significantly and adversely affected by health, disability or family or similar responsibilities.
Candidates for admission in the Special admission category are selected on the basis of:
- applicant's educational history
- non-educational achievemnts that indicate an ability to succeed at university.
For detailed info, verify directly with the school.
Information for international student applicants can be found here
Other Student (including Special Consideration)